Well, that my game can get soft-locked and no one who tested it caught it before I put it online was a mini panic attack for me, BUT the show must go on! I've adjusted the UI for the LOREDs and will soon begin on a COMPLETE rework of upgrades AND upgrade UI.
Currently, every LORED has 128 float values in it, and every upgrade has 64 float values. There are 12 LOREDs and 56 upgrades, so that's a whole lot of initialized-but-mostly-unused data. Totally unnecessary, so I've figured out a way to make it simultaneously easier to work with AND smaller memory-wise by using dictionaries when appropriate. In the update, each LORED between 8 and 28 float variables, and upgrades only have between 4 and 12 float variables.
By changing this, I've changed the way they are saved AND loaded. On the new patch, saves will be reset. Also, any further soft-locks attempting to enter the player experience will be shot like an iron ore patch.